Courtesy Greater Green Bay CVB
The holiday season brings a number of special celebrations to Green Bay. If your group visits the area in November or December, consider including some of these special attractions and events on your itinerary.
• Garden of Lights — During November and December, the Green Bay Botanical Garden is illuminated with 250,000 Christmas lights. Groups can visit the garden in the evening for a self-guided walking tour or take a horse-drawn wagon ride through the exhibit.
• Polar Express — The National Railroad Museum brings the classic “Polar Express” story to life during November and December. The events feature an evening train ride and a dramatic reading of the classic children’s book.
• Heritage Hill Christmas — At Heritage Hill State Historical Park, staff and interpreters re-create a historic holiday celebration during the month of December. Visitors can enjoy vintage shadow plays, music, dancing, holiday baking, crafts, storytelling and wagon rides.
• Holiday Victorian Tea — Hazelwood Historic House, a Greek Revival home built in the 1800s, is decorated in traditional holiday fashion during December. Groups can arrange to have a special holiday tea in this Victorian setting.
• “A Frank’s Christmas” — Meyer Theater stages this locally created holiday musical comedy throughout December. The show takes place inside a beautifully restored historic theater building.